For detailed tutorials on topics such as how to create a project, invite collaborators, request a cube, edit your profile, use the Status of All Tokens Table, and more, click the "Need MCubed Help?" button on the bottom, right corner of the website. Then, click the title of any topic for a step-by-step guide to different areas on the website.
**Please note: in order to use most funcitionality on the website, faculty and delegates must first login to the website using their uniqname and kerberos password**
How do I create a project?
- Click the "create a project" icon on top of the website
- Enter a title, keywords, short description, an image which represents your project, select your anticipate cube size (classic or mini), agree to terms & conditions
- Be sure to click "submit project"
- Your project will now appear on the "Find a Project" page
- You can also find your project by clicking on your photo in the upper right corner of the page, then "my profile/projects"
How do I invite collaborators to join my project:
- On your project's page, select "commit token" next to your name in the box labeled "Status: Open"
- A window will pop up and invite you to "commit your token"
- After you have committed your token to the project, you can invite collaborators to join by selecting "invite collaborators" in the box labeled "Status: Open"
- On the pop-up screen, start typing the name of the person you wish to invite. Click on your potential collaborator's picture. Repeat this step for your second collaborator. Then, click the button labeled "invite collaborators"
- Your potential collaborators will be sent an email invitation to commit their tokens to your project. You must have three tokens committed to your project before you can proceed in requesting a cube
- Once there are three tokens committed to your project, you will be ready to request your cube once the green phase is open on the website
How do I request a cube?
- Once there are three tokens committed to a project, the project creator is able to officially request a cube on the MCubed website. Only the project creator is able to request a cube
- For project creators: to request a cube, click on your photo in the upper right corner of the website, then click "my profile/projects"
- In a box labeled "projects," click the title of your project to open your project's page
- On your project's page, click the button "request cube/view invites." Note: you will only be able to click "request cube" if three tokens are committed to your project
- You will be prompted to fill out a form to enter and approve your project's public title and description, confirm your desired cube size (classic- $60K or mini- $15K), and complete a regulatory log (only yes/no answers are required at this time)
- The form must be completed from top to bottom. Once this form is completed, click "request cube" to formally submit your request. Note: once you click "request cube," this action cannot be undone
- At this time, cubes will be selected on a first-come-first-served basis to receive funding. You will be notified whether or not your project is selected
- You will know you have succesfully requested a cube when a greyed out cube icon appears on your project's card. You will also receive a confirmation email.
How do I edit my profile?
- Click on your photo (or "no photo") in the upper right corner of the website. Then click "my profile/projects"
- Click the "edit profile" button on the upper, left side of the page
- Be sure to click "save" after you've made any changes to your profile
How do I find a collaborator?
- Click the "Locate Collaborators" icon if you're not currently on the "Locate Collaborators" webpage
- If you wish to narrow your search results, you can enter search terms in the search box such as name, keyword, department, etc.
- Click "Advanced search options" to narrow your search parameters
As a delegate, how do I edit my faculty member's profile?
- If you are listed as a delegate for a faculty member, click the "locate collaborators" icon on the top of the website
- Then, type your faculty member's name in the search box on the right side of the page
- Click on your faculty member's collaborator card to open his/her profile page
- Click the button labeled "edit profile" on the top, left of the page. Be sure to save any changes you make to the profile
My cube was not selected in the most recent semi-random selection. How do I reconstitute my team or change the size of my cube in order to have my project considered in the next cubing event?
To reconstitute your team of collaborators:
- Project creator: login to the website and open your project card (click my/profile projects, then click your project's title
- Under the box labeled "Status: Insufficient Tokens Remaining for Funding," click "cube details," then click "remove tokens." This will remove all tokens from the project so that the project creator can reconstitute his/her team with faculty members from units with sufficient funding remaining for tokens
- The project creator will need to recommit his/her token and then invite two collaborators in units with sufficient funding to join the project
- The project owner should then request the cube
To keep current faculty members on the cube but change the cube size:
- If the project creator wishes to change the size of the requested cube to a mini cube, and there is funding remaining in the units for tokens used in mini cubes, the project creator should click the "edit project" button on the upper left side of the project page
- Next, click the radio button "mini cube," then click "save project"
- This will change the cube size from classic to mini and keep all three collaborator tokens committed to the project
- The project owner will need to then request the cube
Back to MCubed 2.0 page