Use the instructions below to create your project, invite collaborators, and request your cube.
View Information Session slides here for screen shots of the process.
Create or Search for a Project:
1. Login to the Mcubed website using your uniqname and kerberos (level 1 password). Note: only eligible faculty members have access to login to the website. Click here to find out whether or not you're eligible to participate in Mcubed 3.0.
2. Click the "Create a Project" button (in the upper right corner of the website or from your Dashboard) if you wish to create a new project. Or, click "Find Cubes & Collaborators," "All Cubes" to view existing projects on the website. Select "cycle--> Mcubed 3.0" to view all open projects.
- You can click the "I'm Interested" button on any open project to leave a comment indicating your interest in joining or engaging in a conversation with the project owner.
3. Complete steps on the form to create a project. You'll need to provide the following information:
- Title for your cube's work
- An image which represents your work. Note: be sure you own the rights to use the photo.
- A short description of the project. This should be a paragraph or two and of similar length to a short project abstract. You should provide basic details about your proposed cube. This description should not contain any confidential information or intellectual property.
- A few descriptive keywords to help others find your cube on the website.
- An overarching category which represents your cube's work (you will select from a list of available options). Please try your best to identify a category which most closely aligns with your project.
- You will also be asked to select your desired cube size (classic cube --$60K or mini-cube - $15K).
Commit Your Token:
4. Once your project is posted, and you wish to proceed in forming a cube, you must first commit your token.
5. To commit your token to a project, you will need to provide the following information:
- User shortcode: Shortcode from which your (the faculty member) contribution will be pulled. Note: if your unit requires $0 financial contribution for your selected cube size, you should enter: 111111. Click here to see the required financial contributions for faculty by unit and campus.
- Overdraft shortcode: Should your cube team spend more than the cube's funding amount ($60K or $15K), any overages will be split between the three collaborators' overdraft short codes.
- SAPOC uniqname: Provide the uniqname of your SAPOC (Single Administrative Point of Contact) -- the person who manages your research funds.
6. Once you've committed your token, you will invite two collaborators to join your project. Note: a cube can only form if there are at least two campus units represented on the team.
7. Invitations will be sent to your two collaborators to commit their tokens to your project.
8. Once all three collaborators have committed their tokens to the project, you (the project owner who posted the project) can request the cube.
Request Cube (Currently unavailable. Stay tuned for next opportunity soon):
9. To request your cube, you (the project owner/creator) must approve your project's title and description for public consumption (please be sure any confidential or intellectual property is removed), complete a regulatory log, and submit your request by the cube request deadline (next deadline TBA). Note: once three tokens are committed to a project, you (the project owner) will see a "request cube" button on the cube's webpage.
10. At the cube request deadline, the Mcubed team will collect all requests and conduct a semi-random cubing event to award cubes. Each team will be notified of the results.