IRWG Mcubed Research Incentive -More Resources for Cubes!
Established in 1995, the Institute for Research on Women & Gender (IRWG) is an interdisciplinary unit of the University of Michigan Office of Research, supporting research on women, gender, and sexuality. We work across all units and beyond the Ann Arbor campus to create research relationships and bring faculty together to work on exciting projects. IRWG’s team offers grant development and administration as well as event planning, communication, and topic-focused research meetings.
IRWG is pleased to announce an incentive competition for funded Mcubed collaborations.
We can offer:
- Additional funding to expand your research project (up to $10,000 for a single incentive, though we welcome smaller amounts in order to assist multiple groups; please no budget inflation)
- Access to a main campus office, meeting, and event space in lovely Lane Hall for building community and sharing ideas (including help with scheduling, event planning, and promotion and advertising by IRWG staff)
- Access to IRWG’s Expert Advisory Panels (150+ faculty affiliates) available to support you - including proposal review, brainstorming, deepening connections to gender scholars or those outside your team’s fields of expertise
What we're looking for:
- Interdisciplinary projects about women, gender, or sexuality that are new to us (i.e., not currently funded by any of our existing programs)
- Projects that could benefit from adding a perspective on gender, women, or sexuality but where additional expertise is required
- Researchers who are interested in becoming active in IRWG’s network of faculty researchers through event planning, research meetings, hosting guest speakers, or other similar interaction
- Researchers who wish to continue to connect with IRWG resources and researchers post-award
- Researchers who wish to engage with the IRWG community
- IRWG will support teams that received Mcubed funding in ANY Mcubed cycle - 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0
Application Process and criteria:
- A brief description of how IRWG incentive would enhance your current Mcubed project
- A budget describing exactly how the proposed additional funds, if any, would be spent, including showing that funds are not already available for the proposed use
- A description of proposed activities, events, discussions, or other interactions that your research group would bring to Lane Hall
- DEADLINE - applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis through Wednesday, September 25, 2019.
- Convene an IRWG Expert Advisory Panel to workshop your group’s grant proposal
- Invite an outside faculty member for a talk at Lane Hall
- Use office space for faculty from Dearborn or Flint to meet with Ann Arbor collaborators
- Host a brown bag series about your project
- Use office space to house doctoral students or UROP undergraduate researchers working on your project
- Host a film screening
- Set up a working lunch group series or writing group
For IRWG Incentive questions - Contact Anna Kirkland, Executive Director, IRWG at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Mcubed questions - Contact Wendy Palms at email@example.com