Request your cube by November 14th for the first cube distribution!
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to create a project and form a cube.
The Mcubed 3.0 cycle will run from 2018-2020, with cube distribution beginning this fall and continuing at least through the winter semester. The following links can help you get started. Even better, plan to attend an Mcubed Info Session (below), or see our overall Mcubed slide deck.
What is Mcubed? Program overview and timeline (the Mcubed 3.0 funding cycle runs from 2018-2020)
Who's Eligible for Mcubed?: Description of eligible faculty groups by campus and unit.
Mcubed Financials: What do faculty need to pay to participate? How do the financials work?
How to Form a Cube: Step-by-step instructions for creating a project and requesting a cube.
Help for SAPOCs: Your role in supporting a cube and accomplishing financial verification
Cubing Incentive Programs: Find out how units/centers/institutes are stimulating the formation of cubes and offering additional forms of support. (FYI, your unit or center could do this, too! Contact email@example.com for details.)
Mcubed for Students: Information on pilot programs for students working on cubes, including the Mcubed Scholars Program for undergraduate students and the Rackham Summer Award for Rackham master's and Ph.D. students.
Mcubed Information Sessions
We strongly encourage your participation in an Mcubed Info Session to ensure that you are completely prepared for the cubing opportunity. Please plan to attend at one of the following locations:
- Friday, October 19--11:30a.m.-1:00 p.m.-- Thompson Center for Learning and Teaching Seminar Room (UM-Flint)
- Monday, October 22 -- 2-3:30 p.m.--Boulevard Room, Pierpont Commons (UM-Ann Arbor)
- Wednesday, October 24--1:30-3:00 p.m. -- Great Lakes South, Palmer Commons (UM-Ann Arbor)
- Friday, October 26--10-11:30 a.m., Environmental Interpretive Center classroom (UM-Dearborn)
Click here to view Information Session slides.
Mcubed Mixer Events
All faculty collaborators in the Mcubed system are invited to attend these unit-hosted ideation gatherings. Come and meet potential collaborators and brainstorm about the most strategic cube ideas!
- IP-X Research Stimulus Faculty Mixer, RSVP required---Nov 1, 1:30-4:00 p.m., Palmer Commons, Great Lakes South
- Mcubed BioMedical Brainstorming---Nov 1, 9:00-10:30 a.m., NCRC Building 10, Research Auditorium
- Mcubed BioMedical Brainstorming---Nov 8, 3:00-4:30 p.m., BSRB, Kahn Auditorium
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
IP-X Research Stimulus Program
Are you interested in participating in an interprofessional health collaboration? Through the Mcubed Diamond program, which allows sponsors to fund cubes in their entirety, leaders of the health sciences schools have united to invite faculty pitches. Please see the IP-X research funding opportunity, and RSVP to attend the IP-X Research Stimulus Faculty Mixer. Take advantage of this opportunity to secure fully-funded cubes!