Andrew Ault is an Assistant Professor of Environmental Health Sciences in the School of Public Health and Assistant Professor of Chemistry in the College of Literature Sciences and the Arts at the University of Michigan. Andrew is an expert in the field of atmospheric chemistry, with a focus on aerosol and engineered nanoparticle impacts on human health and climate. His research makes use of a wide array of instrumentation to study the aerosol health and climate effects, with a focus on single particle mass spectrometry and Raman microspectroscopy. The Ault group utilizes an integrated approach involving field measurements, laboratory measurements on field samples, and laboratory measurements of well-characterized aerosol proxies. Andrew teaches a graduate course in environmental chemistry and special topics courses involving aerosols and atmospheric chemistry. He is a member the American Association for Aerosol Research (AAAR), American Chemical Society (ACS), and American Geophysical Union (AGU).
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=Hfm_QzYAAAAJ
Researcher ID: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/E-4594-2011
- Axson, J. L.; Shen, H.; Bondy, A. L.; Landry, C. C.; Weltz, J.; Creamean, J. M.; Ault, A. P.* Transported Mineral Dust Deposition at a Hydrologically Sensitive Mountain Site: Size and Composition Shifts Observed in Ambient Aerosol and Snowpack. Aerosol and Air Quality Research “Special issue on Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics at Mountain Sites”, in press, DOI: 10.4209/aaqr.2015.05.0346.
- Allen, H. M.; Draper, D. C.; Ayres, B. R.; Ault, A. P.; Bondy, A. L.; Takahama, S.; Modini, R.; Baumann, K.; Edgerton, E.; Knote, C.; Laskin, A.; Wang, B.; Fry, J. L. Influence of mineral dust and sea spray supermicron particle concentrations and acidity on inorganic NO3- aerosol during the 2013 Southern Oxidant and Aerosol Study. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, (2015), 15(18), 10669-10685.
- Bergin, I. L.; Wilding, L. A.; Morishita, M.; Walacavage, K.; Ault, A. P.; Axson, J. L.; Stark, D. I.; Capracotta, S. S.; Leroueil, P.; Maynard, A. D.; Philbert, M. A. Effects of particle size and coating on toxicologic parameters, excretion kinetics, and tissue distribution of acutely ingested silver nanoparticles in a mouse model. Nanotoxicology, (2015), 1-9, DOI: 10.3109/17435390.2015.1072588.
- Axson, J. L.; Stark, D. I.; Bondy, A. L.; Capracotta, S. S.; Maynard, A. D.; Philbert, M. A.; Bergin, I. L.; Ault, A. P.* Rapid Kinetics of Silver Nanoparticle Dissolution and Growth in Simulated Gastric Fluid: Size and Coating Dependent Effects, Journal of Physical Chemistry – C, (2015), 119(35), 20632-20641.
- Craig, R. L.; Bondy, A. L.; Ault, A.P.* Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy (SERS) of Atmospheric Aerosol Particles: Enhanced Detection of Organic and Inorganic Species in Individual Particles. Analytical Chemistry, (2015), 87 (15), 7510–7514.
- Axson, J. L.P; Creamean, J. M.; Bondy, A. L.G; Warner, K. Y.; Ault, A. P.* An in situ method for sizing insoluble residues in precipitation. Aerosol Science & Technology, (2015), 49(1), 24-34.