Ph.D. University of Wisconsin. Mechanical Engineering. 1987.
M.S. University of Wisconsin. Mechanical Engineering. 1984.
B.S. Shanghai Jiaotong University. Mechanical and Production Engineering. 1982.
Manufacturing process modeling, analysis and prediction; precision engineering and metrology; cutting tool development, quality control methods, intelligent maintenance systems, monitoring and fault diagnosis
- X. Gu, X. Jin, and J. Ni, 2015, “Prediction of Passive Maintenance Opportunity Windows on Bottleneck Machines in Complex Manufacturing Systems,” ASME Transactions, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Vol. 137 (3)
- X. Liu, S. Lan, and J. Ni, 2015, “Electrically Assisted Friction Stir Welding for Joining AL6061 to TRIP 780 Steel,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 219, pp112-123
- B. Jiang, S. Lan, K. Wilt, and J. Ni, 2015, “Modeling and Experimental Investigation of Gas Film in Micro-Electrochemical Discharge Machining Process,” International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacturing, vol. 90, pp.8-15
- L. Peng, P. Yi, P. Hu, X. Lai, and J. Ni, 2015, “Analysis of Micro/Mesoscale Sheet Forming Process by Strain Gradient Plasticity and Its Characterization of Tool Feature Size Effects,” Journal of Micro and Nano-Manufacturing, Vol. 3(1)
- T. Xia, X. Jin, L. Xi, and J. Ni, 2015, “Production-driven opportunistic maintenance for batch production based on MAM-APB scheduling,” European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 240 (3), pp. 781-790
- Y. Lou, X. Jin, J. Ni, and S. Cheng, 2015, “Lithium-Ion Battery Degradation Related Parameter Estimation Using Electrochemistry-based Dual Models,” Engineering Asset Management – Systems, Professional Practices and Certification, Springer International, pp. 565-579