Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, Cardiology
Director of Strategic Outreach, Cardiology
Medical Director, Unit 7C, University Hospital, M-PLAN
Peter Farrehi has an interest in all aspects of clinical cardiology, including ischemic heart disease, atherosclerosis, primary prevention, arrhythmias and valvular heart disease. His academic focus has been to focus on the linkages of sleep breathing disorders and cardiovascular disease. Recently, he has incorporated his role as Medical Director on the University Hospital Cardiology in patient care unit with this clinical research focus on the improving the patient care experience with strategies to reduce environmental hospital noise.
1. Farrehi PM, Ozaki, Fay WP. Regulation of Arterial Thrombolysis of Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor-1 in Mice. Circulation 1998; 97:1002-1008
2. Duvernoy CS, Bates ER, Fay WP, Farrehi PM, Werns SW. Acute Myocardial Infarction in Two Adolescent Males. Clinical Cardiology 1998;21:687-690
3. Zhu Y, Farrehi PM, Fay WP Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor-1 Enhances Neointima Formation after Oxidative Vascular Injury in Atherosclerosis-prone Mice. Circulation 2001;103:3105-3110
4. Farrehi PM, Zhu Y, Fay WP. An analysis of mechanisms underlying the antifibrinolytic properties of radiographic contrast agents. J. Thromb. Thrombolysis 2001;12:273-81
5. Farrehi PM, Rubenfire M, Bernstein SJ, Rasak M, Subramanian M, Samir A. Dabbous, Stomel R, Eagle KA. The Frequency of Non-obstructive Coronary Disease by Arteriography in Patients with Chest Pain is Related to Community Practice Patterns. J Managed Care 2002; 8: 643-48.
6. Voutsalath MA, Bichakjian CK, Pelosi F, Blum D, Johnson TM, Farrehi PM. Electrosurgery and Implantable Electronic Devices: Review and Implications for Office Based Procedures. Dermatol Surg 2011; 37:889-899.