Currently at Eastern Michigan University
Postdoctoral Fellowship: Clinical and Research Neuropsychology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, Ann Arbor, MI
Brigham Young University, Provo, UT: Ph.D. (Clinical Psychology with dual specialization in neuropsychology and child clinical)
Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI: M.S. (Clinical Psychology), B.S. (Psychology and Occupational Therapy)
Clinical Psychology Internship: Primary Children’s Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT
My primary interest is in the identification of risk and predictors of neurodevelopmental disorders, specifically autism spectrum disorders (ASD), language-based learning disability and ADHD. As such, my research focuses on exploring the cognitive, behavioral and neural correlates of these disorders using neuropsychological measures and functional neuroimaging such as magnetoencephalography (MEG). The cognitive domains of interest include attention, language, and memory. A long-term goal is to expand our understanding of how these processes support more complex social cognitive processes (e.g. social comprehension, theory of mind) in ASD and related developmental psychopathologies.
- Lajiness-O’Neill, R., Erdodi, L. A., & Bigler, E. D. (2011). Demographic and injury-related moderators of memory and achievement outcome in pediatric TBI. Applied Neuropsychology, 18(4):298-308. doi: 10.1080/09084282.2011.595457.
- Jacobson, D., & Lajiness-O’Neill, R.* (2012). Substrates of social functioning in individuals with VCFS. Journal of Behavioral and Neuroscience Research. 10(1):1-10.
- Erdodi, L. A., Lajiness-O’Neill, R., & Schmitt, T. A. (2012). Learning curve analyses in neurodevelopmental disorders: Are children with autism spectrum disorder truly visual learners? Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders. doi: 10.1007/s10803-012-1630-9.
- Lajiness-O'Neill, R., Richard, A., Moran, J., Olszewski, A., Pawluk, L., Jacobson, D., Mansour, A., Luce, K., Schmitt, T., Erdodi, L., Moore, A., & Bowyer, S. M. (in review). A Pilot Study of MEG Coherence Imaging During Eye Gaze Processing in Autism Spectrum Disorders. Autism Research.
- Erdodi, L. A., & Lajiness-O’Neill, R. (2012). Humor perception in bilinguals: Is language more than a code? Humor: International Journal of Humor Research, 2012; 25(4): 459 – 468.