I am an environmental health scientist and engineer with research interests in exposure science, risk assessment and epidemiologic applications in community, occupational and environmental settings, particularly dealing with air pollutants at urban and regional scales.
My research addresses a range of environmental health topics in occupational, indoor and environmental settings that include: exposure and risk assessment; emerging contaminants,biological monitoring; air quality monitoring and modeling; and environmental epidemiology.
- Nichole Baldwin, Owais Gilani, Suresh Raja, Stuart Batterman, Rajiv Ganguly, Philip Hopke, Thomas Robins, Sarah Hoogterp. “Factors Affecting Pollutant Concentrations in the Near-Road Environment.” Atmospheric Environment. Accepted. May, 2015.
- João Dias Carrilho, Mário Mateus, Stuart Batterman, Manuel Gameiro da Silva. “Air Exchange Rates from Atmospheric CO2 Daily Cycle, Energy and Buildings, 92, 188-194, 2015. doi:10.1016/j.enbuild.2015.01.062.
- Stuart Batterman, “Temporal and spatial variation in allocating annual traffic activity across an urban region and implications for air quality assessment.” Transportation Research, Part D, Transport and the Environment. Journal of the Transportation Research Board, in press. 2015.
- Stuart Batterman, Richard Cook, Thomas Justin. Temporal variation of traffic on highways and the development of accurate temporal allocation factors for air pollution analyses. Atmospheric Environment, 107. 351-363, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2015.02.047.
- Stuart Batterman, Rajiv Ganguly, Paul Harbin, High Resolution Spatial and Temporal Mapping of Traffic-Related Air Pollutants. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 12(4), 3646-3666, 2015. doi:10.3390/ijerph120403646.
- Joana Basos, Stuart Batterman, Fausto Freire, Significance of mobility in the life-cycle assessment of buildings, Building Research & Information. Accepted, August, 2015.
- Sheena E. Martenies, Donele Wilkins, Stuart A. Batterman, “Health impact metrics for air pollution management strategies, Environment International, in press, Sept, 2015.
- João Dias Carrilhoa, Maria Rocheta Gomes, Mário Mateus, Stuart Batterman, Manuel Gameiro da Silvaa, Measurement of Infiltration Rates From Daily Cycle Of Ambient CO2, International Journal of Ventilation, Accepted, July, 2015.
- Chad Milando, Lei Huang, Stuart Batterman, "Trends in PM2.5 emissions, concentrations and apportionments in Detroit and Chicago and the growing share of traffic-related air pollutants," Atmospheric Environment, April 2015, in revision.
- Michael S. Breen, Thomas C. Long, Bradley D. Schultz, Ronald W. Williams, Jennifer Richmond-Bryant, Miyuki Breen, John E. Langstaff, Robert B. Devlin, Alexandra Schneider, Stuart A. Batterman, Air Pollution Exposure Model for Individuals (EMI) in Health Studies: Evaluation for Ambient PM2.5 in Central North Carolina, accepted Environmental Science & Technology, August, 2015.