lex Tsodikov is Professor of Biostatistics. He received his Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics in 1991 from St. Petersburg State Technical University, Russia. Prior to joining University of Michigan, he has been a Postdoctoral Scholar at the Curie Institute (Paris, France), a staff statistician at the University of Leipzig (Germany), Research Assistant/Associate Professor at the University of Utah and Associate Professor/Professor at the University of California, Davis.
I am involved in broad methodological and collaborative research in clinical and basic biosciences. I am a member of the Biostatistics Core facilities for the Michigan Center for Clinical Research and the Cancer Center, and a lead Biostatistician for the Michigan Prostate Cancer SPORE. I have been working on statistical modeling of diseases for over 20 years developing methodologies for prediction of effectiveness of interventions at the patient and population levels. The modeling approach is rooted in careful account of patient and population heterogeneity to obtain valid estimates and predictions by synthesizing a variety of observational, biological and clinical data sources. The methodological developments have been implemented in statistical software such as a number of GUI executable packages and the nltm package for R. I am one of the PIs on an international multi-center methodological NIH grant for modeling chronic diseases and been a Co-Investigator on various studies of chronic pain ranging from longitudinal cross-over trials, psychological aspect of chronic pain, to chronic pain management.
11. Ha, J. and Tsodikov, A. (2012) Isotonic Estimation of Survival under a Misattribution of Cause of Death, Lifetime Data Analysis, 18(1), 58-79.
98. Gulati, R., Tsodikov, A., Wever, E., Mariotto, A., Heijnsdijk, E., Katcher, J., de Koning, H., Etzioni, R. (2012) The impact of PLCO control arm contamination on perceived prostate-specific antigen screening efficacy, Cancer Causes & Control, 23(6), 827-35.
95. Shizhen, Q., Zhou, Y., Lok, A., Tsodikov, A., Yan, X., Gray, L., Yuan, M., Moritz, R., Galas, D., Omenn, G., Hood, L. (2012) SRM Targeted Proteomics in Search for Biomarkers of HCV-Induced Progression of Fibrosis to Cirrhosis in HALT-C Patients, Proteomics, 12(8),1244-1252.
78. Wilsey, B., Fishman, S., Ogden, C., Tsodikov, A., and Bertakis, K. (2008). Chronic Pain Management in the Emergency Department: A Survey of Attitudes and Beliefs. Pain Medicine, 9, 1073-1080.
83. Chefo, S. and Tsodikov, A. (2009). Stage-specific cancer incidence: an artificially mixed multinomial logit model. Statistics in Medicine, 28(15), 2054-2076, PMCID: PMC2779845.