Mcubed 3.0 Will Open in the Fall of 2018!
More details to come soon!
Please note: We're currently in the process of updating the new Mcubed website so it is possible you encounter a few bugs. We are working address all issues before the launch of Mcubed 3.0!
In the coming months, the Mcubed team will offer campus-wide information sessions on the Mcubed 3.0 funding cycle and provide details including program requirements, unit-based funding models, and new opportunities (dates TBA). The Mcubed 3.0 cycle will run from 2018-2020.
Anticipated Mcubed 3.0 Timeline:
- Winter 2018 -- Faculty town hall sessions (click here to view slides)
- Summer 2018 -- Mcubed website will open; connect with potential collaborators
- Fall 2018 -- Information sessions; Mcubed idea mixer events; project creation open; first cubing event
What is Mcubed, and how does it work?
Mcubed stimulates innovative research and scholarship by distributing real-time seed funding to multi-unit, faculty-led teams. Through this revolutionary research funding program, faculty from at least two different campus units can form a collaborative trio, or “cube,” and request either $60K or $15K to advance their idea right away. "Mcubed 3.0" refers to the third cycle of this program, which runs from the years 2018-2020.
Cubes empower team members to:
- Keep pace with the rapid information flow of today’s research environment
- Explore high-risk approaches that might not attract immediate support from more traditional funding mechanisms
- Tackle pressing social problems too complex for a single disciplinary approach
- Expose the next generation of researchers/scholars to the benefits of multidisciplinary collaboration
Review anticipated Mcubed 3.0 program requirements here.
Get ready for Mcubed 3.0
In preparation for the opening of Mcubed 3.0, faculty can begin to brainstorm potential project ideas and identify collaborators. You can browse the Mcubed website to look at cubes formed during the Mcubed 1.0 and 2.0 funding cycles.
You can also talk to your unit's leadership about hosting Mcubed Idea Mixer events to help bring groups of reserachers together to connect around areas of interest.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.